It is the branch of medicine that deals with functions and diseases specific to women and girls, especially those affecting the reproductive system. Women often have medical problems they feel uncomfortable to disclose to even near and dear ones. One such person who can understand, test and treat such conditions is a gynaecologist.
Who Is a Gynaecologist?
A Gynaecologist is an expert at dealing with the problems related to female genital tract and women’s overall health. Examination and treatment for all the disorders related to vagina, cervix, ovaries, womb and fallopian tubes are done by a gynaecologist.
When Should You Visit a Gynaecologist?
A gynaecologist is an imperative part of a woman’s life and visits can start during the adolescence and should become a practice when a woman becomes sexually active. With time the body undergoes many changes and annual examination by the gynaecologist provides important information to you as well as your healthcare provider. However, do not hesitate and wait to see your gynaecologist if you experience the following symptoms:
- Your periods are irregular
- You notice bleeding in between your periods
- If your periods last more than seven days
- Your periods are recurrent within a period of 28 days
- If you have heavy periods
- If you have pregnancy symptoms
- If you miss a period
- Blood in the urine
- Itching in the vagina
- Pain or burning sensation while urinating
Dr Suneet Tayal a Gynaecologist Surgeon provides preventive, diagnostic and advanced gynaecological services for women such as:
- Heavy or painful periods
- Adolescent menstrual problems
- Pelvic pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Annual Breast and pelvic evaluation
- Perimenopause and menopause
- Birth control and family planning
- Abnormal pap smear
- Bone density assessment
- Ovarian & Uterine cancer
- Hormonal imbalance
- Prolapse Uterus
- Cosmetic Gynecology
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
Click to read about Gynaecology Oncology